Are you looking for employment with a purpose? At the American Water Works Association, you’ll find purpose, great culture, collaborative colleagues, great benefits, and interesting work. Our mission is providing solutions to effectively manage water, the world’s most vital resource.
AWWA Standards are used by water professionals worldwide and cover all areas of water and wastewater treatment and supply. These documents are accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and reflect the state of the water sector. As new technologies emerge, new Standards are developed.
As one of AWWA’s Standards Engineers, you’ll get to work in partnership with our volunteer committees, comprised of leaders in the water sector, on our Standards and Manuals of Practice. We’re seeking an administrative, technical professional who will provide exceptional service to our members, volunteers general public, and staff.
Receive, review, evaluate, and prepare new standards requests for consideration by the Standards Council, comprised of leaders in the water sector
- Review standards, manuals of practice, and other publications for technical accuracy and completeness, appropriate style and format, and readability; contribute technical input to these work products
- Provide direct administrative and technical support and assistance to volunteer committees to include the following:
- Ensure committee procedures comply with governing document requirements for openness, due process and consensus
- Assist and advise committee chairs and council members concerning timely productivity, governing document requirements, procedures and Council policies
- Recommend and assist in development of appropriate procedural changes to Standards Program Operating Procedures, Governing documents, and internal staff processes
- Participate in committee deliberations to ensure appropriate direction and purpose for committee activities and work products
- Ensure appropriate staffing for Standards Committees; identify and recruit new volunteers and prospective chairs when necessary; process all applications for presentation to the Standards Council secretary and chair for appointment
- Ensure the focus and implementation of AWWA activities is for the public interest; prevent serving special interests
- Receive and respond to technical and administrative inquiries from AWWA members, non-members and the general public
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or water-related scientific discipline required. Master’s degree in engineering preferred. Master’s degree in engineering may be substituted for one year of professional work experience.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration within one year of date of employment or otherwise demonstrated equivalent engineering competence
- Minimum of five years’ technical experience required including minimum of three years’ experience in the water supply industry
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Team Work - balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a cohesive team
- Planning/Organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently
- Communication – a collaborative style and speaks in a respectful manner in all types of situations; listens and gets clarification
- Interpersonal – builds effective relationships by being trustworthy; maintains professionalism in stressful situations
- Dependability - thrives in a fast paced work environment
Compensation is dependent upon qualifications; hiring pay is targeted between $8k - $87k and is paired with comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Immediate eligibility and vesting for retirement savings plan with a 6% employer contribution and 3% company match upon hire
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision plans with generous cost sharing by employer
- Three separate time off accounts (Vacation, Sick, and Personal)
Apply no later than February 2, 2021 at the following link: https://jobapply.page.link/Uowr
An employer dedicated to equal employment opportunity, minorities, women, veterans, disabled, and any other status protected by law are encouraged to apply.