Under limited supervision, individual will be responsible, within a team environment, for various aspects of the day-to-day facilitation and oversight of the U.S. participation in the technical standardization activities of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). This includes providing guidance to individuals serving as technical experts on relevant policies, procedures, and training to fulfill obligations and conduct standardization activities.
In addition, the individual will interface with U.S. individuals serving in leadership roles on subjects related to policies and procedures (ISO Directives) for the development of ISO international standards, and for the management of ISO international committees. The individual will respond to requests for information from ANSI members and the general public on standards activities in these areas. The individual will provide program support for ANSI’s ISO outreach and enhanced services activities. The individual will interface as necessary with various staff within other departments across the Institute. Individual will be a member of the ISO Team (ISOT) and will work under the supervision of the Sr. Manager, ISO Team.
Will participate in a team environment to provide support for U.S. participation in approximately 570 ISO technical committees related to all ISOT core functions (voting, meeting management, document distribution, expert nomination, contact management, and expense/revenue tracking), responsibilities will include:
- Advising U.S. technical experts as well as U.S. individuals serving in leadership roles on ANSI and ISO policies and procedures;
- Responding to verbal, written and electronic inquiries for information from ANSI members and the general public on ISO standardization activities;
- Responding to verbal, written and electronic inquiries from international committee members, ANSI members and ANSI customers on status of international standards;
- Analyzing data and developing reporting mechanisms to track performance of U.S. entities participating in ISO.
- Will provide program support for one or more ISO outreach and enhanced services engagements;
- Will provide program support for one or more ANSI administered committees supporting U.S. participation in ISO standardization activities;
- Will be responsible for working with ISOT management in analyzing, upgrading and improving services related to U.S. voting, position development, meeting attendance, expert participation, document management, and other contributions to international standardization activities;
- Will generate relevant reports related to ISOT core functions and provide summary analysis for recommended ISOT action;
- Will participate in and provide input to the ANSI networking forum for U.S. participation in ISO;
- Will demonstrate proficiency in use all of electronic systems used by ISOT to carry out essential job functions;
- Will assist in the implementation of ANSI management policies and administrative decisions and generate relevant guidance to affected stakeholders;
- Will assist in the maintenance of ANSI required training materials and participate in the coordination of course content and compliance tracking.
- Will assist the department Director, Sr. Managers, and/or Manager with special projects on an as-needed basis.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required;
- Language skills other than English language a plus.
Skills and experience
Two or more years work experience in an office environment preferred;
- Knowledge of project management procedures and tools;
- Must possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be a highly-motivated self-starter and able to work independently; able to prioritize workload, handle details and follow through on actions within allotted deadlines;
- Must be able to exercise discretion and solid judgment when operating in highly political environments;
- Ability to interact with highly skilled professionals in both a national and international environment;
- Team player with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization;
- Capable of attaining a thorough knowledge and understanding of the ISO/IEC policies and procedures and U.S. Technical Advisory Group (U.S. TAG) operating procedures;
- Capable of working in, interfacing and navigating multiple online document libraries;
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, MS Mail/Exchange, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet;
- Position may require travel.
U.S. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
ANSI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. ANSI does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, color, physical or mental disability, national origin or ancestry, religion, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or authorized alien status, veteran status, or any other characteristic made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.