This position works closely with AAMI members, industry leaders, government representatives and subject matter experts (SMEs) across the field, to develop standards and related products that focus on primarily on assigned areas of AAMI standards portfolio.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with and provide oversight as appropriate to committees and working groups in the development of national (AAMI, ANSI) and international (ISO/IEC) standards ensuring all relevant policies and procedures are followed.
- Working with the Senior Advisor, Standards Content & Strategy, identify areas of opportunity within assigned work area(s) to broaden AAMI’s offerings or engagement and develop corresponding business plans for VP’s consideration.
- Liaise with and represent AAMI, its policies and values to all stakeholders at committee, working group and other relevant meetings as appropriate.
- Convene and advise members of the publications, marketing, and education staff on the ongoing status of standards to ensure the appropriate and timely coordination of the production, promotion, and marketing of standards and related or derivative products.
- Collaborate with membership in recruiting and retaining corporate members to achieve budgeted corporate membership revenue targets.
- Respond to written, electronic mail, and telephone inquiries regarding standards.
- Develop reports, articles, etc. as requested.
- Provide budget input as requested.
- Assist in the formulation of both internal and external AAMI policies, positions, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Strong communication (both written and oral), leadership and interpersonal skills required.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously required.
- Experience managing volunteer committees within a membership organization highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ relevant experience desired (e.g., medical device industry, etc.).
- Knowledge of U.S. and international standards systems is highly desirable.
- Strong commitment to teamwork, transparency, and collaboration.
- Technologically savvy. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and web-based platforms.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally (approximately 20%).
- Working conditions are an office environment.
- Occasional weekend/evening work required.
- Currently working remotely due to COVID-19 until further notice