Works closely with Standards Department VP, Senior Directors, and Directors to broadly support the development of standards and related products across AAMI’s standards portfolio. This role assigns and distributes work to the shared services team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Director of Standards - Shared Services assigns:
- Document and ballot posting: Collaborate with department team leads and directors on tasks supporting the development of national (AAMI, ANSI) and international (ISO/IEC) standards (and other documents) according to established policies and procedures.Circulate drafts, compile comments and votes (ballots).
- Roster management: Collaborate with department team leads and directors and MCPs to ensure all committee roster data is accurate, up to date, and includes appropriate balance, as requested for ballots.Raise inconsistencies in participation and/or voting and collaborate with the team lead(s)/director(s) to address.
- Meetings management: Oversee the planning and coordination of logistics pertaining to committee meetings. Work with internal and external stakeholders as appropriate in the execution of this task.
- Member/public inquiries: Respond to written, electronic mail, and telephone inquiries regarding standards.
- Editorial and technical writing projects.
- Manage staff of three and their work programs (program managers and technical editor/writer).
- Reports generation: Acquire data from AAMI databases and develop reports as requested.
- Assist in the formulation of both internal and external AAMI policies, positions, and procedures.
- Represent AAMI, its policies, and values to all stakeholders.
- May include specific Committee management responsibilities, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ relevant experience required.
- Strong communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills required.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Prior supervisory experience required with strong commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Experience managing volunteer committees within a membership organization, highly desirable.
- Knowledge of U.S. and international standards systems is highly desirable.
- Technologically savvy. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and web-based platforms.
- Able to travel domestically and possibly, internationally (approximately 5%).
Working conditions are normal for an office environment (remote until further notice).
- Occasional travel and weekend/evening work required.